This article if for my lovelies that are interested in gel nails, but feel overwhelmed with all the information out there. Hard gel nails are tricky and you really should take the time to practice and master your skill! But in the mean time, while you are perfecting your craft, you could do some simple gel polish applications and start to make money today!
- Regular gel polish applications are much easier to master than the sculpted gel nail. The cost is significantly lower to get started and all the while you get to practice your technique and make some money back on your investment. The overall risk of infection or injuring your client is much less and you do not need to be a rocket scientist to apply gel polish! It’s practically nail polish only way BETTER!
- If you are fresh out of nail school, this could be a great time to start to build your clientele. I do love a good nail school, but let’s be honest, you aren’t learning all the in’s and out’s of the industry in these jammed packed classes. There is just too much to learn. But if you focus your attention on Gel Polish and really niche down, you could be making some serious bank while the others are still struggling to “Do It All”.
- The less stressed you are during an appointment the more comfortable your client is going to feel. So if you head into a full set of gel extensions and you are sweating like a you-know-what, your client is going to feel it and likely won’t come back. Believe me, I speak from experience!! Gel polish is low key. There isn’t any sculpting involved and very little file work. When it is easier for you it is easier for them to book again!
- You can start your Gel Polish business for under $300! Read that again. There are literally very few businesses that you could start on your own for $300. If you charged even $45 for this service you can see how quickly you would make that money back and then some! I have written previous articles The gel Nail Supplies That I Buy From Amazon and The Supplies You Need To Start Your Own Gel Nail Business. These two articles have direct links to products that I use myself and trust completely. I recommend checking them out.
- You do not need a ton of clients to make money! Even two clients a week could be an extra $100+ in your pocket. Maybe you still have a full or part-time job. You could do a set of nails after work for a client. Or on a Saturday afternoon when you have some extra help with the kids and pets 😉
- You can do gel polish anywhere. This is literally why I started in this career. I wanted something that I could take with me. Something that could move when I wanted to move. I never want to be stuck to one location. I like to live a little more fluid and not feel like I am tied down to something. I have worked in Spas, Hair Salons, from Home, even working mobile and going to the location my client needed or wanted. How great is that! Again, not very many businesses these days that can be so flexible.
- You can be coached by me for extra confidence! I offer one on one gel nail training and coaching. I also can come to you virtually, via FaceTime, text or email. Pretty much there is no reason we can’t get you up and running with the skills and enthusiasm you need!
You Can Do It!
If you have been living on the fence. Not feeling confident or ready to take that next step in your gel polish career. I am here to give you the push you need! You will never feel 100% ready, Do it anyway!!
The whole Gel Nail business can seem overwhelming in its entirety. But if you think a little smaller you can focus your skills on something that you can monetize almost immediately. Gel polish is a great way to start making money today. Start that social media account. Start creating content and literally watch your business boom before your very eyes! Now is the time. I don’t want to you look back and wonder what would have happened if you had just taken that first step.
Still have questions? I will answer them for FREE! Reach out, comment below, hit me up on Instagram whatever it takes!! Let’s get the ball rolling and get some cash in your pocket!!!
Love and cherish all of you! Thank you so much for reading and following along <3
Cheyanne – The Nail Lamp Tramp